Sharon posted this on FaceBook in one of the forums and I loved it so I asked her permission to share it here on my website. I hope you like it too. I so appreciate Sharon for having taken the time to create and share this list.
I would use this list as a guide - and start noticing if you are using any of these phrases as you think your thoughts and engage in conversation with others. Basically, read them over and then delete them from the database in your head so that you never use them again! Not only that, but you will start noticing when others are using these phrases in their conversations and you will be able to guide them away and towards the use of more empowering thoughts.
I know. I know, pressing the delete button doesn't always work, but you can soften negative thoughts by following them up with softening general statements - pretty soon, the negative thoughts will disappear all on their own and you will never see them again. I hope this helps - and if it does, will you please come back here to write a comment and share - I would truly appreciate that. Zehra
1. Where is it?
2. I don't see it
3. Where's my stuff
4. This is too hard
5. I'm not getting this
6. It's taking too long
7. I need it now
8. I need it soon
9. I NEED it
10. I don't have this, never had it...
11. No one ever is that lucky
12. It's luck and I have none
13. They're lucky
14. I wish I had it
15. I wish I didn't want this
16. I wish I wasn't here
17. I wish I didn't have to do this
18. I wish they'd change
19. Nothing ever works out for me
20. It's never gonna happen
21. It happens for other people, not for me
22. It's impossible
23. I can't have it
24. People like me don't get that
25. I'm too fat, too old, too young, too skinny, too....insert word here.
26. Life's hard
27. Life's a struggle and then you die
28. There's not enough.....love, money...peace...strength..whatever
29. There's not enough, there's never enough
30. I'm not strong enough...smart enough...whatever enough...
31. I have a challenge with....insert whatever here
Remember -- the Universe answers a resounding YES to everything we think....every. single. thought. we. offer.
Sharon L. Coward - TV producer, TV presenter, media coach and consultant, website manager and web designer...I started the Caribbean Press Releases site in June 2006 to give Caribbean entities a space on the Web to let their messages be seen, read and/or heard.