I am a big follower of the "Abraham Hicks philosophy", which basically states in my understanding that we are to connect with our "inner being", which is first and foremost nonphysical, "we are a nonphysical beings having a physical experience ", and I firmly believe in this truism. However, one cannot deny the influence that our own physicality has on our day to day experience. For example, the genetic makeup of our physical body certainly influences our behavior regardless of our own nonphysical nature. The ultimate goal being to connect with the nonphysical, and in doing so, having nonphysical, channel through the physical being in a "clear" type manner. How can we do this? Through intention, perhaps, through desire to do so perhaps, what are your thoughts? Maybe meditation?
LOL! If I had food in my mouth I'd probably choke! I'm laughing because your questions are so timely. My fiancée and I decided last June to put ALL of our stuff in storage (in Alabama) and take a road trip with our 100lb dog, to S. Baja (22 hours south of San Diego, near Cabo) and visit an old friend of his... then visit his sisters in N. California... then Oregon, Yellowstone, more sisters in Minnesota, and now we are in Michigan house sitting 90 min. from Chicago in a gorgeous house in a quaint countryside town.
Before we took the trip, we kept tuning in to guidance and we'd ask each other "Do you really want to do this? Are you still getting a clear yes? Is there any part of you that's saying no?" Obviously, we both kept getting resonating YES, and neither of us got even one NO.
We are constantly using our intuition to guide us... we are leaving Michigan in 3 weeks, and we don't even know where we are going yet. The trip so far has been so full of synchronicities it would make your hair stand on end, so I absolutely know we are being guided.
| || |
On our way out of Baja (3 day journey through cactus desert, 2 lane road), we didn't have reservations for the places where we were going to stay, which were both going to be in the middle of nowhere. We didn't speak the language to make phone reservations, and one of the hotels required internet reservations which was challenging to access at the time. Throughout the day, but especially in the early evening, I visualized us (WITH DEEP KNOWING) staying in a room that would be "clean, safe, dog-friendly." I kept repeating those words to myself. I kept SEEING IT in my mind. I invited Willy to do the same. On both nights, we arrived after dark. On both nights, we literally got the very last hotel room available. One of the nights we got upgraded to a suite for no extra charge.
So, staying tuned in is my number one priority these days. It's like being a soldier except you're not staying alert out of fear, you're staying alert because that's what happens when you're tuned in to the vibration of LOVE, alertness is part of the package. Like being a little kid. You're having fun and so you're noticing details, sounds, conversations, colors, guidance, everything.
| || |
1. The Emotional Guidance Scale is a moment to moment check in for honesty... am I in the Vortex or out of it? If I'm in, I milk the experience. If I'm out, I NAME the feeling of where I'm at on the scale (you can google it if you want to see one), and then I state that I prefer to feel better. I even name the better feeling, which is a few rungs up from where I am (I don't try to go all the way to the top in a big leap). If I feel stuck for more than 30 minutes or so, I'll go to youtube and type "Abraham Hicks" + whatever I'm feeling. This works every time. I even have one saved that I've named: "Listen to this when you feel stuck." It takes me from where I'm at and helps me lift up a few notches.
2. Vortex meditation most days
3. Gratitude journal, lists of appreciation every day
4. TUNING IN TO GOD'S FULLNESS, ALIVENESS, FEELING IT LIKE A CLOAK AROUND ME... this is like saying the SHEMA YISRAEL, the Hebrew prayer... you speak it when you rise, when you go to sleep, when you're walking around, when you pass your gate. GOD IS ONE. I now know what this means and what it feels like to practice it, all day every day.
So I'm spending more time in the "feel good" vibration, and from there, a number of different things can occur. I'll tune in to a desire and share it (like "I see us being near a beach next"). Or I'll tune in to a desire and visualize it already done, with knowing. Or, from that "feel good" vibration, I simply feel guided to take action, and it's usually given to me crystal clearly... it's where the energy is flowing. It can be anything from the dishes to calling someone to updating my website, etc. I simply BASK, and then something moves me. It's the easiest and most natural place to live from.
5. Daily, I'm giving more attention and therefore amplifying my inner guidance. I ask my Wise Inner Knowing self for encouragement and for specific guidance.
Also, I don't watch TV unless it's uplifting. It's been interesting. If I'm out of the Vortex, Seinfeld is funny and awesome. If I'm in the Vortex, I have no interest whatsoever.
7. I just started a blog to keep me inspired and to give me a focal point for tuning in. It's called Practicing the Presence of Love. It's poetry, and it's all written from inside the Vortex.
Wow, well, this looks like it could be a blog post of some sort... maybe I'll send it to Zehra and see if she'd like another guest post! LOL!!
This is one she asked me to write for her a week ago: Happiness & the Rising Moon.
Thanks for asking, ... WHEW!!!!
I hope you're still glad you asked :-))))