I read someone’s heart felt question/desire for well-being on Facebook today. I wanted to say many things to her, but I have more fun writing at my computer, so I thought I would wait till I got home, and now I can’t find the post anymore. So I will post this response here, and if she is meant to find it, she will and if it was meant to be for others, they will find it too.
Here is the question:
I would like to get some guidance regarding when something unexpected hits u like a hammer, knocks u down n u don't want to go out of your vortex n b negative. E.g. I'm about to lose my flat n trying to relax n manifest a nice new one. But the stress feeling really wants to remind me about which difficult situation I'm in ???
- A problem like this is usually in the making for a while – it doesn’t just come about suddenly. The negative vibration that manifested this for you started way back. Perhaps it started so long ago that you may not even remember. In Abraham’s terminology it’s like you pushed the car at the top of the hill and now it’s going down really fast. It feels like nothing can be done because the negative momentum is so high.
- Abraham also say that no matter where you are you can start thinking differently and therefore manifest a better future – anything is possible. So even though you feel as if it might be too late to save the situation its never too late. Things can change very quickly.
- The only thing that keeps things from changing quickly is your habit of thought and your inability to take your eyes off the reality that has your attention. That is why Abraham is always telling us to distract ourselves. When we can’t distract ourselves then we have to wait it out – we have to wait for the negative momentum to subside, so that we can relax enough to start doing the vibrational work.
- No matter what happens it is never the end of the world because things can get really bad but then better things can happen. You can always start fresh. Lots of people do. People go bankrupt and start all over. People break up their relationships and start all over. People have health set-backs and come back stronger than ever. Basically if you hit a bad patch on the road that does not mean that the whole road is like that – it’s just a bad patch.
- Sometimes we leave the universe no choice. We have so many negative beliefs blocking our path that the only way forward is to go through stuff we don’t want. This is where you have to trust that your inner being is taking you towards all the things that you want, regardless of what is happening in the moment. It’s this sort of thing that we remember sometime later and we say “if that thing that happened to me had never happened, perhaps I wouldn’t have found all this wonderful stuff that I have now”.
- Most situations that happen, happen because a negative vibration on one subject impacts another subject in our lives – I call this the two headed monster. That is why appreciation is so important. If we become habitual appreciators, then we would live life from a place of a higher vibration where only good things can come our way.
When you say that you are “trying” to manifest something – you are trying too hard, because this work is about ease and flow. You cannot “try” to relax while at the sametime thinking about the absence of the thing you want. You have to look away from it and put your focus and your thoughts on another subject – a subject that makes you feel good. If you can’t find anything in your life that feels good, just focus on nature – appreciate nature, go out take a walk, look out of your window or simply search the internet for pictures – you whatever you have to do in order to divert your attention.
There is an analogy I use quite often, that makes so much sense to me, and perhaps I may have shared it with you before, but it seems appropriate here. If you had a child who feel on rough ground and scrapped their knees and had a bloody cut, what would you do? Would you point at the cut and say “Oh my God! That’s terrible, that must hurt so much, here let me poke it to see how bad it is” or would you try to divert the child’s attention by pointing to something interesting and take their mind of their pain?
The thing is, you can’t get there from there – you cannot jump from a place of negativity to a place of joy – you have to close the gap slowly with thoughts or statements that are soothing and are also one hundred percent true. Because when you say things that you don’t believe are true you actually enhance the negative side of the equation. Make sense?
You have to trust that the Universe is on your side and everything that you want is possible, because that trust is the only way to deal with the stress. Every time you notice stress, you magnify it, because our power of focus is like a magnifying glass – that is just how it works. Whatever you focus on becomes bigger – when you focus on the absence of something you get more absence of it; when you focus on the having of something you get more of the having of it. That is why the better it gets the better it get, and the worse it gets, the worse it get.
Don’t try to go positive on a subject that is negative in your life because when something is clearly negative or in manifested form, momentum is really high. At that stage of the game, it is more effective to generate positive momentum using a different subject. When you do that your vibration will raise and when your vibration raises you will have access to a completely different reality and a completely different set of possibilities for the future.